Two of my favorite things, breakfast and pizza!
When it comes to two of my favorite things breakfast and pizza its a no brainer put them together! This pizza has a few of my favorite things like tofu scramble, avocado, and tempeh. Maple tempeh crumble to be exact. All on pillowy soft crescent pizza dough. You HAVE to experience this yumminess that is this pizza.
Each of these dishes are really good separately but together they truly bring this dish home. The savoriness of the tofu compliments the sweetness of the maple tempeh crumble. I used the mashed avocado to give both the tofu and tempeh a place to sit on the crescent pizza dough.
This breakfast pizza is in heavy rotation in my house on the weekend. Im more than sure if you make this it’ll be yours too. FYI: Just buy two of the crescent pizza dough canisters so you can make two pizzas. Trust me they won’t go to waste.
Additional Pizza Topping Ideas
- vegan cheese
- chickpea scramble
- coconut bacon
- rice paper bacon
- sautéed veggies
- vegan sausage
- sliced potatoes
VEGAN BREAKFAST PIZZA WITH MAPLE TEMPEH CRUMBLE
Maple Tempeh Crumble
- 1/2 block tempeh
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos sub soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp adobo
- 1 store bought pizza dough, or homemade
- Mash avocado with fork, add onion powder and adobo stir to combine.*Pro tip Save the avocado pit and place in the middle of the mashed avocado to keep the avocado from browning too quickly.
- Bake pizza dough according to package, immediately begin cooking other ingredients
Maple Tempeh Crumble
- In a medium size bowl mix coconut aminos, sesame oil, and maple syrup.
- Slice tempeh longways then slice crossways to dice. Once diced pan fry tempeh to brown on both sides. Transfer into a bowl and use the back of the fork to mash tempeh turning it into crumbles. Slowly add the maple glaze to the tempeh crumbles to lightly coat the crumbles. Set aside
- Remove tofu from package, drain water. Lightly squeeze some of the water from the tofu. In a medium non-stick pan on medium heat crumble tofu directly into pan. Using a spatula crumble the tofu a little more. Add spices to the crumbled tofu. Allow to cook undisturbed for 4-5 minutes. This allows the excess water in the tofu to cook out and become more solid in texture. Start to mix the tofu around it should show brown on the side that was cooking. Cook for another 1-2 minutes then set aside
- Spread mashed avocado evenly across the pizza dough
- Sprinkle both the tofu scramble and maple tempeh crumble over the avocado, lightly press into the avocado to secure. Cut into squares and serve immediately. **Add a drizzle of sriracha over the pizza for an added kick.**