When you’re talk about eating Whole Foods, Plant Based, or Vegan, a grain bowl has to come up!
I mean you can hit both macro and micro nutrients in one setting depending on how you put your bowl together. Making a grain bowl is something I make several times a week. I mean you can essentially use up any and all leftovers to create one. It’s just that easy!
What is a grain bowl? It is a bowl of your choice of grains- rice, quinoa, barley, etc. Roasted vegetables or raw vegetables. You can add additional protein- legumes ( my favorites are lentils and blackens), chickpeas, tofu, tempeh, or even edamame. Top it off with some creamy avocado or make a sauce to drizzle on top and you are on your way to creating your own grain bowl masterpiece!
ROASTED VEGETABLE GRAIN BOWL
- roasted cauliflower
- roasted butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and cut your cauliflower into florets and butternut squash into bite-sized chunks
- Roast your vegetables flipping half way through
- Cook your rice according to the package, if using brown rice add an additional 10-15 minutes to the cook time on a stove top
- Cut your avocado or make a sauce to add
- Assemble your bowl with your vegetables and top with your avocado or sauce of choice